Have the Poles gone mad? I wrote off the communist witch-hunt, of which McCarthy would have been proud, as once-off silliness brought about by group shame of collaborating with the communist secret police. There was also healthy silliness – the Polish rock band Big Cyc (Big Tit), whose 4th album featured a nun drying condoms on a clothes-line.
But the silliness has taken a turn for the worse:
A senior Polish official has ordered psychologists to investigate whether the popular BBC TV show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual lifestyle. The spokesperson for children’s rights in Poland, Ewa Sowinska, singled out Tinky Winky, the purple character with a triangular aerial on his head. (source BBC)
Teletubbies are queer? What on earth has got into the woman?
It would appear that the affliction has spread to neighbouring Belarus:
Customs officers in Belarus have ordered drivers crossing over from Poland to carry a condom or be denied entry into the former Soviet republic, Polish customs officials claimed on Tuesday. The Belarussian guards have allegedly demanded that drivers include a condom in the emergency first aid kit which road regulations say they must carry. (source)
I’m racking my brains trying to think what the motivation could be.
- Polish men can’t resist Belarussian women and Belarus doesn’t want their gene pool polluted?
- Belarussian women all have the clap and their authorities want to spare the Poles? (seems unlikely)
- Belarus wants to insult the Poles by implying they all have the clap?
- Belarus wants to insult the Poles by implying they can only get it up once (by insisting on only ONE condom)?
- The Belarus have a secret agenda in which condoms are used for something else than contraception?
If anyone has the true reason, please let me know 🙂