Hoping again for re-use, I created a little utility library which contains some general-purpose functions that you may find useful.
- GetCallingAssemblyName #35#. Gets the name of the calling assembly.
- GetCurrentAssemblyName #36#. Gets the name of the currently-executing assembly.
- GetExecutingPath #37#. Gets the full path of the currently-executing assembly.
- GetMyDocuments #38#. Gets the full path to “My Documents”.
- ShowBox #39#. Drop-in replacement for ShowBox that always displays “on top”, as a ShowBox displayed during Setup etc. often gets hidden.
- ShowHelp #40#. Displays the GeodesiX help spreadsheet. This is much more complicated than it appears, as we have to find out the path to the program associated with Excel on the current machine (which could be 2003, 2007, 2010, etc).
- Writelog #41#. Writes a message to a file with the name of the currently-executing assembly, with a timestamp, on the path “My Documents”.